Sunday 29 August 2010

Know your local patch

Just a quick message for all the people that want to go out and get great photos of wildlife. It is so important to know your local patch. I recently went down to my local woods to try to photograph some animals.

On the way was a piece of land that I have walked past hundereds of times without much thought but when I stopped to look at the seemingly empty area of long grass I was amazed to see two hares bounding around and grazing amongst the grass.

I got some long distance shots thanks to my zoom lens and this made my day even more than the squirrel that I tracked in the woods and photographed as it fed on an acorn.

Sometimes the most empty piece of land is the most full. Take a stroll around near where you live and see if you can find any hidden gems that you never knew about. It will definately make your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment