Saturday 21 August 2010

One little flower

I usually do pretty well at growing flowers. I'm one of these people that buys a cheap packet of seed and ends up with so many seedlings I have to give lots of them away. It does seem that my luck with bulbs, on the other hand, is pretty poor.

I purchased some Anemone bulbs from a gardening shop. There were 20 bulbs in the pack and I was really looking forward to having some pretty little early spring flowers coming up in the garden. I planted them as directed on the packet and waited.

I waited all winter anticipating the arrival of my 20 little Anemones but not all of them grew. I was left the following spring with ONE lonely little blue Anemone. I was really disappointed and ended up taking two photos of the flower and pretty much ignoring it with disgust until it eventually died off. I don't know what I was expecting but it was certainly more than ONE flower. I will try again next year and hope for better luck.

Oh, and by the way, of those two photos I took one of them has turned into a whole raft of products in my store Natural Beauty and that little flower has become one of the most popular flowers in my entire store. Here are a few of the products that little flower helped to create.





















I guess I love that little flower a lot more than I had realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment